The Cottonwood School (TCS), a non-profit public charter school located in the Buckeye Union School District, serves students in El Dorado Hills, California. The Cottonwood School seeks to cultivate and prepare students for the 21st century through project-based learning instructional pedagogy coupled with Montessori principles of teaching and learning. We serve students within El Dorado Hills, Shingle Springs, Folsom, Cameron Park, and the surrounding communities.
The experiences students have at TCS, especially in high school, will mimic real-world expectations and scenarios. TCS gives students at the secondary level those experiences through robust, hands-on project-based learning programs, as well as extracurricular activities which include field trips and fieldwork. We also look at the individual child and personalize his/her learning experience in a collaborative environment. With a 25:1 student to teacher ratio, there are more opportunities for greater interaction between staff and students during class time. By the time students graduate from TCS, they will be able to transition into the college life or career they are passionate about.
- Montessori philosophy embedded in a rich, collaborative learning environment
- Week-long field study experiences based on student interests
- Customized renovated classrooms designed for optimal learning and fun
- Advisory program designed to support academic, social, and emotional well being
- 25:1 student to teacher ratio with all students having access to technology